THAILAND - Nov 19, 2008
The Thailand Queer Network would like to invite everyone to join the Kingdom’s first National Human Rights Day for Sexual Diversity. The event will be held between 9am-5pm on Saturday November 29, 2008 at Lido cinema, Siam Square, Bangkok.
Our theme for the event is “Towards a Clear Sky”. The program will include colorful performances to celebrate sexual diversity; lively discussions on the titles law for transgenders, same-sex marriage and LGBTI youth; talk show by the infamous Day Freeman; a seminar on LGBTI rights in Thailand; and screenings of award-winning Thai Queer Short Films. The full-day event will culminate in the first Rainbow Umbrella March, from the Lido to the Bangkok Art and Cultural Center between 4pm-5pm. (Rainbow umbrellas will be provided.)
All proceedings will be in Thai. However, non-Thai speakers are more than welcome to join the Rainbow Umbrella March. They hope to see hundreds there!
For more information, contact Paisarn at 081-634 3450 or email email@example.com
9.00am onwards Exhibitions, games and fun activities at booths of LGBTI and human rights organizations. Express yourself on our wall titled “Hundreds of Good Things about Being Queer”
10.00 - 10.15am Welcome and program announcement by MCs
10.15 - 10.30am Opening performance by dramatist/director Wannasak Sirilar
10.30 - 11.00am Opening ceremony
- Khun Kamolset Kenggarnrua (Rainbow Sky Association of Thailand) gives a report on the event including its background and objectives on behalf of the organizing committee. - Opening speech by Jon Ungphakorn
- Dr Seri Wongmontha’s remark on LGBTI rights in the Thai media
- Prof Vitit Muntarbhorn’s remark on the Yogyakarta Principles
- Khun Alisa Phanthusak’s remark on Article 30 of the Thai Constitution
11.00 - 11.30am Discussion “Titles Law for me” by members of the transgender community
11.30 – 11.45am Rainbow performances by LGBTI youth groups
11.45am - 12.15pm Discussion “Love of Siam: Towards the Understanding of our children who are LGBTI” by Dr Sukamon Wipaweeponkul (Psychiatrist) and young LGBTI’s.
12.15 – 12.30pm Games and other fun activities
12.30 – 12.45pm Rainbow performances by LGBTI youth groups
12.45 – 1.15pm Discussion “Same-Sex Marriage” by members of the gay and lesbian community
1.15 – 1.45pm Talk Show “My Life, My Way” by Day Freeman
2.00 – 3.10pm Seminar “LGBTI Rights in Thailand: Past, Present and Future”
- Suwannee Harnmusikwattanakoon, Danai Linjongrat, Niroot Sabua, Director of the Ministry of Social Development and Human Security’s Office of Women and Family Affairs** and Assoc Prof Krittaya Archavanitkul** (unconfirmed)
3.10 – 3.40pm Screening of award-winning Thai Queer Short Films
- Who? by Chonthicha Tangworamonkol
- 12A by Noppadol Pantha
3.40 – 4.00pm Briefings on the Rainbow Umbrella March
4.00 – 4.45pm Rainbow Umbrella March from Lido to Bangkok Art and Cultural Center, led by Aj. Wiroj Tangwanit
4.45 – 5.00pm Declaration for LGBTI rights by all participants. Group photographs.