of Service to Asia's
Gay & Lesbian Community!
Utopia Gaydar User Search
JAKARTA -- area code (62-21)
- Gaya Nusantara
21 Jln Dr. Muwardi II, 566-0589, 563-1941. Indonesia's long-running GLBT magazine.
5289-1901, email. An Australia migration agency who help gays and lesbians to migrate to Australia. Free assessment.
- English Center for Adults
Jln Danau Indah Raya, Block A1, No. 16, 650-6383, email. Gay-friendly English center welcoming gay and lesbian adults. Learn English today. Classes are normally only up to 8 students. Utopia Member Discount
- Konsultasi Tarot
Appointments: 021-9827-5706, email. Discreet, gay consultation using Tarot cards as a medium to find solutions for gay men with problems and personal questions. In person only, call for an appointment.
- AIDS/HIV organizations and information
- Arus Pelangi (LGBT)
Jln Tebet dalam IV /3 RT 019/001, Tebet, 829-1310, toll free hotline: 0800-1401-045.
- LPA Karya Bhakti (gay and lesbian)
Jln Griya Wartawan, No. 53 RT14/05
Cipinang Besar Selatan Jakarta Timur, 9852-0440, email: email@example.com
- Our Voice
0813-7619-2516, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Yayasan Intermedika (gay and lesbian)
Rusun Benhil II, blok B2, No. 1 Jln Penjernihan Raya, Bendungan Hilir, Jakarta Pusat, 9827-2195, 081-811-0651 email: email@example.com
- Yayasan Srikandi Sejati (waria)
Jln Pisangan Baru III, No. 64
RT03/RW07, Jatinegara, Jakarta Timur, 857-7018, FAX 021-834-0196, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Acropolis Spa and Fitness Center
4/F Sheraton Media Hotel, 626-3001. Walk-in guests welcome. Getting to be popular with PLUs but not as much as Millenium, Sari Pan and Hilton.
- Bumi Karsa Hotel Fitness Center
3/F Bumi Karsa Hotel, 71-73 Jln Jend. Gatot Subroto, 8379-3555. Sauna and pool.
- Celebrity Fitness Center
EX shopping center, Jln M.H. Thamrin (next to Plaza Indonesia), 310-7272, 314-3999. Mega-cruisy with lots of gay and celebrity members.
- Celebrity Fitness Center
La Piazza Kelapa Gading. Another branch of this gay-popular gym
- Celebrity Fitness Center
Pondok Indah Mall. Another branch of this gay-popular gym
- Clark Hatch Fitness Centre
3/F Sari Pan Pacific Hotel, 6 Jln M.H. Thamrin, Jakarta Pusat, 315-4670, 390-2707. Walk-in guests welcome. Open 24 hours. Weekends after 1am are cruisy, especially sauna and steam rooms.
- Club Cilandak Sports Centre
Jln Let. Jend. T. B. Simatupang (near to Cilandak Town Square), 750-1960, 750-4963. Sauna and pool are very popular with PLU patrons. Be discreet.
- Fitness First
5/F-6/F New Senayan City Mall, Jln Asia Afrika, 7278-1333. Very cruisy and popular with gays.
- Fitness First
1/F-3/F Semanggi Plaza, Jln Jend. Gatot Subroto, 2553-9488. Very cruisy and popular with gays.
- Grande Body Life Spa
Blok M, Jln Iskandarsyah Raya, Pasaraya Gedung Sinema, Lt. 8, 726-4425. A lot of the Hilton's PLU members moved here. Free trial visit.
- Hyatt Aryaduta Hotel Sauna and Fitness Centre is getting popular with PLUs.
- Life Spa
Crowne Plaza Hotel, Jln Jend Gatot Subroto (next to Mulia Tower, 50m before Planet Hollywood). Walk-in guests welcome. Becoming popular with PLUs, especially Fri. Very body beautiful patrons including TV actors.
- G.M.S.B. Fitness Centre
Pasar Festival lower level (Carrefour). Many PLU members.
- Hilton Life Spa and Health Club
Jln Gatot Subroto, 570-3600. A lot of the members here are well-mannered PLU. Be discreet.
- Manggala Wanabakti Fitness Center
5 Jln Jend. Gatot Subroto Pintu, 570-3246. Sauna and pool. Be discreet.
- Odysseus Fitness Centre and Spa
See listing under Saunas.
- Sultan Life Spa and Health Club
Jln Jend. Gatot Subroto, Jakarta Selatan, 570-3600. A lot of PLU members, but be discreet.
- 24K Art Gallery
Jln Nenas 309 Blok A Cinere, Depok, 753-2063, 0819-559-2210, email. Gay-owned art gallery offering featuring Indonesian paintings, old Chinese porcelain, antique Asian furniture, authentic Buddha statues, objet d'art, mirrors, pots, and Asian handicrafts. Utopia Member Discount
- Aetna Bld. Facilities in the basement of both towers, plus charming and cruisy security!
- B.E.J. Exchange Bld
Sudirman. PLUs have lunch in the food court and often share tables.
- Central Hotel
Jln Pramuka. Mostly guests from the Middle East staying here if that's your flavor.
- Cinere Movie House (Gedung Bioskop Cinere)
In the lobby, nights. Younger crowd.
- "Ciputat" The Sahara Movie House (Gedung Bioskop Sahara)
In the yard. Younger crowd.
- Jakarta Theatres
Jln Thamrin at Jln Wahid Hasyim (opposite McDonald's/Sarinya Bld). Mon and weekend nights there are lots of PLU movie-goers.
- Mega Ria and T.I.M. Theatres
Diponegoro and Cikini Raya. Facilities.
- Mulia Agung Cinema (across the road from The Atrium)
- Pasar Minggu Theatre (near Robinson and Ramayana Dept Store). Just down the street, opposite the larger theater, is a small road leading to this small Indian Theater (about 30m away from the main street.
- G.K.B.I. Tower, cruisy at lunch hours only
- Grand Hyatt Hotel
- Gelanggang Olah Raga Senayan (Senayan Sports Complex)
Sun mornings before 8am there are a lot of PLU joggers. Nearby park and sports stadium facilities.
- Lapangan Banteng (near the Intercontinental)
Nights. Be careful. The perimeter road is essentially for hustlers whereas the central park area is generally occupied by PLUs looking to meet up. Groups of friends often congregate here with one or two hustlers hanging around the periphery. Action rarely starts before 10pm.
- S.C.T.V. Tower
Gatot Subroto. Lunchtimes at Oh La La Café
- Shopping Malls
- Ambassador Mall (opposite J.W. Marriott Hotel at Mega Kuningan). Medium-sized mall but very cruisy at lunch hours and again after 5pm.
- "Big and Beautiful Market" Block M (Pasaraya Big and Beautiful Block M). Ground floor facilities. Enter the door from the parking area. Mixed ages, all hours.
- Block M Plaza and Terminal, Kebayoran Bari district. University students. Security, be discreet.
- Carrefour Hyper-Market
Puri Indah and Cempaka Putih is quite cruisy.
- Citraland (B/F, 1/f and 5/F floor facilities). Quite a cruisy place.
- FX Lifestyle X'ntr
Jln Jend Sudirman, Pinto Satu Senayan. Very cruisy - particularly weekends and later in afternoons and weekday evenings. Be observant and you will see guys moving from G/F facilities up escalators and checking out those on each level. Make eye contact inside and wait at the balcony railing outside. Seemingly genuine guys in their 20s and upwards, not hustler types.
- Grand Hyatt
- Lokasari Complex
Mannga Besar St. 5th floor facility.
- Manga Dua Plaza
Jln Mannga Dua Raya (opposite Mannga Dua I.T.C. Bld). Facilities on ground and 1st floor are crowded during lunch or peak times.
- Pasar Festival lower level (Carrefour). Facilities opposite the G.M.S.B. Fitness Centre. Very cruisy after 5pm. Beware of hustlers.
- Plaza Indonesia and X Centre.
Jln M.H. Thamrin (same building as the Grand Hyatt). Night and day, there are always numerous guys who seem especially keen to meet foreigners. You'll spot PLUs on every level, especially at Oh La La Café, Excelso Café, Starbucks and C. Style restaurant. Or, stand near the information counter or just about anywhere. Guys here are usually in the 25-35 age group. The facilities are cruisy, too. Use your common sense when making friends.
- Sarina Mall is cruisy, but be careful, as the place is well-monitored by security. Lots of gays, also around the McDonalds. Good place to meet workers/students in the day. Beware of hustlers (see warning above).
- Taman Anggrek Mall
Jln @. Parman, Kav. 21. One of the city's biggest shopping malls. 3/F facility, right behind Johnny Andrean Saloon. Quite a cruisy place. Chinese crowd.
- World Trade Center
Sudirman. popular ground floor facilities are cruisy, upper floors are quiet retreats.
- Swimming Pools
- Gajah Mada Swimming Complex
7/F Gaja Mada Plaza. Daily after 5pm. Mostly Chinese crowd. Some gays. Be discreet.
- Jaya Ancol recreational park
Swimming complex on Sun, especially late afternoon and evenings. At sunset head to the waterfall to see the mermen. You can also get a private room at extra cost and shower with your friends for up to four hours. Also, the Art Market (Pasar Seni), 20:00 - 23:00. There's also a sophisticated amusement park, Dunia Fantasi, modeled after Disneyland (but with Muslim prayer pavilions sprinkled throughout) that's fun to visit.
- BlackCat Jazz Supper Club
1/F Plaza Senayan Arcadia (upstairs from Red Square). A great place for dinner and live jazz.
- Memories Cafe
Jln Jaksa. An informal open-sided bar playing Indonesian covers of western rock as well as dangdut and Batak numbers. No longer very popular with gays (families and children here) except commercial guys. But it is a gay-friendly place to hang out if you are already with someone.
- Segafredo Cafe
Plaza Indonesia, opposite Starbucks. Very gay friendly, with young and warm staff. A great place to take a seat and watch passersby. Mostly sophisticated and upscale crowd.
- Warung Warung (restaurants) in Jln Sudirman. A group of restaurants and cafes, some owned by famous Indonesian models and actors). Pleasant ambiance and upscale crowd.
Indonesia Gay and Lesbian Resource Listings by Island or City:
Bali | Surabaya | Yogyakarta | other cities and provinces
Golden girl at the 2012 Phuket Gay Festival.
Live your dreams of India with Pink Vibgyor tours for GLBT travelers...
get the full story